This is my last blog post.
Yup, you read that right. I’ve been writing this Behind the Scenes blog for 3 years this month and I’m proud I published it every single month, no matter what was happening in my life. I never thought about blogging before being an author, but wanted to give glimpses of this wild and wacky writer life to you wonderful social media followers then novel readers, with inspirational tips from my training as a psychotherapist to benefit your own lives. I feel I’ve accomplished that goal and need to refocus my efforts to ensure I have time needed to do what started it all…write books!
When I love something, I want to do everything related. Immersion is my thing, I guess. I’ve been needing to start saying the dreaded two letter word (“No”) lately because I found I was doing too much. I like book marketing, being a leader of certain bookish groups, and engaging on social media, but I LOVE writing novels. Something had to pause and this is what I chose. So, let’s talk about pausing for a moment.
Pausing, to me, means that I can come back to this blog if I want. Would it be the same format of monthly behind the scenes posts? Who knows?! All I’m certain about is that the time to write this blog has become slightly more stressful than fun this year, so that tells me to shift my actions.
Have you ever felt that way? Ever needed to pivot? Here are some of my thoughts to leave you with so that you can gain your own insight if you’re coming face to face with a similar situation.
Signs when you need a change:
- Physical (fatigue, racing heart, sluggishness)
- Emotional (increased stress, anxiety, sadness, irritability)
- Spiritual (feeling off, unfulfilled)
- Mental (burnout, brain fog, decreased concentration)
- Feeling dread for the task
- Procrastinating the task
- When the task is a barrier (for freedom, for accomplishing other responsibilities)
How to make a change:
- Listen to your thoughts and feelings- What do your head and heart say? Make a list.
- Give yourself permission to change- It’s OK to change your mind. And if you feel that you can’t give yourself permission, I give it to you!
- Talk to loved ones to explore feelings and ideas.
- Replace the activity with something more suited to what you want to do with your time (so you don’t feel a hole)
There you have it. I hope my blog has been meaningful to you these 3 years, that you’ve been able to feel validated for your experiences, and that you’ve found some wonderful new books for your shelves from my author interviews. My contact information is below, so always feel free to reach out. Until we meet again…
Join my VIP Newsletter for announcements, giveaways, and more!
Book purchase links:
Social media links:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/C.DAngelo.Author/
Copyright © 2022 C. D’Angelo, Author All rights reserved.